March 08, 2020

Stars and Painted Floors

I ain't going nowhere necessarily,
but that's okay. I don't have much of a map
and I don't have solid plans on being back.

I expect to go dumb as an ignorant rocket
looking for life beyond the stars we see.
But, if I see a spot to stop
and sip a glass of Willamette Valley pinot noir
I'll be smart enough to park the length of meter time.
And I will damn well save my last dime.
Probably need it for toll at some pearly gate.
Someone might be waiting for me there.

I will not curl up in a wad in some corner
of this gorgeous, cruel, wonderful, terrible world.
That is not where you will find me. But,
I will not take to the dance floor alone.
I expect company, and more Yes than No.

Oh, and please, the better malt this time around.

No need to stampede toward unexpected bliss
just a stately bit of hugging and glowing,
a smile or more, an extra hug and fingers touching
and then we dance the damn paint from the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment