March 07, 2020

I am this; This I am

I think Carlos Fuentes said similar first:
It is neither the best nor the worst,
Just some sudden unquenchable thirst.

So who is knowing (something is or could be)?
I can see: I am this eye; this eye I am.
Sometimes blind, I don't give a glory damn.

I have no nose except a moment, a sorta hell;
I have no memory nor even dream of smell.
I may be following the wrong incense into hell.

Except that is much more than I accept:
I am a lost wriggling worm crossing concrete.
It is no chosen path, nor measurement based on math.

Tomorrow is just a swirl of sky we do not see.
Who cares? I care. It is always you and me.
I will find tomorrow at the fair: watch me.

Let us not look toward, nor tempt the cards.
Let us coast yesterday toward a morrow.
If we do our daily chores and whistle
and wake again and again in joy
we can finish the beginning of Fuentes' epistles.

You and I can find a direction forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment