July 29, 2011

no, no, not samozas . . .

Whaaaaaat? Ban samozas? How can the world forge forth without the basic necessities of life? Okay, wait a minute. I admit that I no longer eat Samozas. But I love the damn things! They are great! Too rich (and I'm not talking meat samozas because I've never had one) but still - food of the gods! The only way to properly prepare an edible greasy potato - I love the damn things! But, it seems that they have a triangular shape, you know, like the trinity . . .
No reasons were given for the bizarre move, announced by militants in vehicles mounted with loudspeakers.

However, residents of a south Mogadishu settlement and Afgoye, a town 30 kms south of the capital where the ban was imposed speculated that the Islamists may have associated the triangle-shaped snack with a symbol of Christianity that is not compatible with their strict version of Islam.
O world! Listen to the madness all around you! Ban Samozas? You might as well ban skinny dipping! Some things are basic to humanity . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment