December 26, 2020

Deciding the Scope of a Life

We mostly know how to paint a wall or some complex door;
and we can damn-well draw a round or squared circle;
and ofttimes we cross bridges if we know where they are.
Some of those bridges fade just before we see where to cross.
I do not surrender nor give up, when I am mostly lost.
I love to hold hands and touch even without the damn bridges.
I know how to float, imagining a larger innertube,
not always on water nor air but often the merest smile.
Like any worldly homo sapien, or honestly practiced goat,
we've learned to stand on the edge of cliffs and doubts,
looking across or up, smiling at a world we don't yet know:
our grins are without sound; I am so happy I almost float.
Your face relaxed against mine, happy, full of silent shouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment