September 03, 2011

is there no law of our side . . . ?

Not only did Murdoch give himself a raise and a bonus for effective leadership but does it occur to you that about 1% of the population in the U.S. is continually thumbing its big fat nose at all the rest of us?
S&P is poised to provide AAA grades to 59 percent of Springleaf Mortgage Loan Trust 2011-1, a set of bonds tied to $497 million lent to homeowners with below-average credit scores and almost no equity in their properties. New York-based S&P stripped the U.S. of its top rank on Aug. 5, saying Washington politics were making the country less creditworthy.

From Romeo and Juliet
GREGORY
I will frown as I pass by, and let them take it as they list.

SAMPSON
Nay, as they dare. I will bite my thumb at them, which is disgrace to them if they bear it.

ABRAM
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

SAMPSON
I do bite my thumb, sir.

ABRAM
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

SAMPSON [Aside to Gregory]
Is the law of our side if I say ay?

GREGORY [Aside to Sampson]
No.

SAMPSON
No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I bite my thumb, sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment